The Maintenance Mechanic conducts repairs to the physical plant and plant equipment, conducts preventative maintenance and project work and ensures continuous operation of mechanical and electrical systems on mobile and fixed manufacturing equipment.
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic components, conveyor systems, and production machines; follow diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshoot malfunctions
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems and using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Install new machinery and/or equipment by installing utilities to and between machines and equipment using hand and power tools and test equipment
- Repair electrical systems and equipment by diagnosing malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures; determining faulty wiring; inspecting and testing malfunctioning machinery
- Repair and replace faulty electrical components by using testing equipment and hand tools to install relays, switches, motors, printed circuit boards, and position-sensing devices