This position is responsible for operating a variety of equipment and machines. Manufacture metal parts and components utilizing appropriate shop equipment in a timely and efficient manner with minimal supervision. May work primarily on mills or lathes. Work is planned and laid out by others and usually involves use of ordinary materials. Requires on the job training and previous experience.
1. Review job traveler and verify job requirements.
2. Verify program and tool are correct for current job.
3. Check all process components including material, lubricants, packaging and appropriate inspection equipment, etc.
4. Perform mechanical tasks including loading and unloading vices, fixtures and parts.
5. Operate machining center to manufacture production as required following standard machining operation procedures.
6. Use hand and/or power tools to match, drill, and ream, install hardware and/or fit components into place.
7. Visually inspect production for burrs, scrapes, rust and other defects.
8. Use cleaning solutions and rust inhibitor for various materials.
9. Check production against sample and/or print using various gages, micrometers, calipers, etc.
10. Check job traveler; complete tag or move ticket including count, traveler number, current operation, next operation, date, employee name/number.
11. Separate rejected product for sorting; check and ensure appropriate part identification ticket is in place.
12. Review, update and maintain notes indicating unique or difficult aspects of job.
13. Use had truck to move parts from department to department.
14. Perform routine maintenance on all assigned equipment and machinery as required.
15. Maintain a clean and organized work area.
16. Communicate all problems and other work related issues with supervisor.
17. Receive, understand and follow all written and oral instruction.
18. Timely and accurate completion of all paperwork, including system updates, associated with position.
19. Comply with all company policies and procedures in including safety and attendance requirements.
20. Maintain meet or exceed rating on all performance evaluations.
21. Participate in activities to increase personal skill level, overall departmental processes and product quality.
22. Resolve day-to-day issues by working effectively with others.
23. Other duties required to meet company needs as assigned by supervisor.