Bilingual Certified Medical Assistant
Patient Care Techs help patients by providing information, services, and assistance. Other duties include securing medical records; maintaining medical supplies inventory; performing preventive maintenance to keep equipment operating; PCT shall include medical assistants, CNAs, Nurse Externs, Phlebotomist and EMT/Paramedics.
PCT Job Duties:
• Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
• Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary.
• Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential.
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
• Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
• Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
• Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements; always working within scope of practice.
• Administering IM and Oral medications as ordered by NP/ PA/ MD
• Wound care / Irrigation / Dressing changes
• Completing patient follow up calls and covering for secretary when needed
• Lab draw as ordered by NP/ PA/ MD
• EKG, Nebulizer treatments, and point of care testing as ordered by NP/ PA/ MD
• Cleaning patient exam rooms and general house keeping