Shipping and Receiving
The Shipping / Receiving Clerk position is responsible for tracking incoming loads, receiving unloaded material, and ensuring shipments are accurate to customers per customer order. The Shipping/Receiver Clerk plays a key role in customer communication, load planning and inventory record accuracy.
- 1st shift, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Temp to Hire
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains database by logging daily activities to ensure bills of lading are routed correctly.
- Manages inventory shipped in software/database to ensure proof of delivery.
- Ensures orders are shipped/received accurately and per customer standards.
- Notifies carriers of inbound/outbound loads and logs shipments.
- Manages stored, shipped or received material in company/customer database.
- Scans material with handheld scanner.
- Certified to operate power industrial truck.
- Assists with unloading trailers as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works efficiently to achieve or exceed performance targets for velocity, quality and cost.
- Understands and follows all ISO and 5S initiatives.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve department and company goals.
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/ skill.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures and reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate computer skills, Microsoft Word (including: Email, Excel, and Routine Database Activity etc.).
- Certified to use power industrial truck.
- Previous experience operating power industrial truck.
- Strong communication and organization skills, and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Minimum of one year of experience shipping material preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience in third party logistics (3PL) environment.
- Background check and drug screen
Please submit your resume via email WITH RELEVANT EXPERIENCE LISTED or for a quicker response, please apply in person:
First Staff Services
3033 W. Jefferson St., Suite 204
Joliet, IL 60435